Sightseeing

Place Charles de Gaulle, 75008, Paris

+33 (0)1 55 37 73 77 | Visit Official Website

Ordered by Napoleon as a memorial to the French Grand Army, the triumphal arch was begun by the architect Chalgrin in 1806 and completed in 1836.The Arc de Triomphe is built on the model of ancient Triumphal Arches, but its monumental size: 50 meters...

Our Rating - 0/5

pics and infos+

official photos : 13

official videos : 0

members photos : 1

members videos : 0

what`s on nearby

The bars and the cinemas which surround the square make it a busy and popular crossroads. In 1914, the square was the scene of furious fightings between the national guard of the marshal Moncey and the Russian troops who had entered in Paris. In 1869, the monument in the memory of the marshal Moncey and the fightings of 1814 was erected in the center of the square.

Our Rating - 0/5

The Opera's square is one of the center of life and parisian traffic. Haussmann ordered its construction during the Second Empire, it actually divides the Boulevard des Capucines in two parts. The facades of the buildings which surround the square are dificated according to an obligatory draw from a decretàp) 1860. Corinthien pilasters of colossal orde scan these facades.

Our Rating - 0/5

Located at No. 44 Boulevard des Batignolles, it was originally a simple wooden chapel built in 1834. The fragility of this first building, erected in a rapidly developing area, forced the parish officials to find an architecture best suited to the situation. In 1895 Louis Pasteur that the Vernes and the church council decided to build a new temple is larger and the architect Felix Paumier who is in charge of construction...

Our Rating - 0/5

Lying at the foot of the Montmartre hill, the White Square owes its name to the chalk roads which once existed here. It is overlooked by the long sails of the Moulin Rouge, the Music hall founded in 1889. Its artsits were immortalised by the famous Toulouse-Lautrec. Actually, it is a cinema, but also the music-hall which keeps the tradition of French-cancan of the Goulue.

Our Rating - 0/5

Jardin des Plantes is the biggest botanical garden on Paris which holds more than 10000 species such as a rose garden, winter garden and alpine. In fact, you can find there the large tropical greenhouse of the garden which is open again their doors in 2010 after important construction work of renovation which lasts six years. It is recommended to visit the interior of the structure which are splendid like the oldest...

Our Rating - 0/5

Ordered by Napoleon as a memorial to the French Grand Army, the triumphal arch was begun by the architect Chalgrin in 1806 and completed in 1836.The Arc de Triomphe is built on the model of ancient Triumphal Arches, but its monumental size: 50 meters tall and 45 meters wide, is typical of the Empire architecture. This arch offers a great whole of sculptures, the best known is a bas relief of Rude, depicting ""...

Member Rating - 5/5

The Grand Palais was built by Daglone and Louvet, between 1897 and 1900, for the World's Fair. Its large metallic hall is typical of the Art Nouveau whereas the stone facade with ionics columns is in Academic style.At the corners, in the top of the building rush the bronzes groups of Recipon.Actually, the Grand Palais contains many temporary world famous exhibitions

Member Rating - 4/5

The bars and the cinemas which surround the square make it a busy and popular crossroads. In 1914, the square was the scene of furious fightings between the national guard of the marshal Moncey and the Russian troops who had entered in Paris. In 1869, the monument in the memory of the marshal Moncey and the fightings of 1814 was erected in the center of the square.

Member Rating - 0/5

The Opera's square is one of the center of life and parisian traffic. Haussmann ordered its construction during the Second Empire, it actually divides the Boulevard des Capucines in two parts. The facades of the buildings which surround the square are dificated according to an obligatory draw from a decretàp) 1860. Corinthien pilasters of colossal orde scan these facades.

Member Rating - 0/5

Located at No. 44 Boulevard des Batignolles, it was originally a simple wooden chapel built in 1834. The fragility of this first building, erected in a rapidly developing area, forced the parish officials to find an architecture best suited to the situation. In 1895 Louis Pasteur that the Vernes and the church council decided to build a new temple is larger and the architect Felix Paumier who is in charge of construction...

Member Rating - 0/5