Champs-Élysées film festival, Frédéric Farrucci wins the audience award
Due to a health crisis, this year, the 9th edition of the Champs-Élysées film festival took place online. Ajaccian director Frédéric Farrucci won the highly prized Audience Prize for his first feature film, "La Nuit Venue".
This event took place 100% online and for free during 8 days from Tuesday June 9 to Tuesday June 16, 2020 throughout France, the public was able to discover around fifty films, masterclasses and showcases with a total of more than 60,000 views.
The feature film jury, chaired by director Mounia Meddour, awarded the following prizes:
- The Jury Prize for the best American feature-income film at 17 BLOCKS by Davy Rothbart
- The Jury Prize for the best French feature film ex aequo à GRÈVE OU CRÈVE by Jonathan Rescigno and LE KIOSQUE by Alexandra Pianelli
- The Jury Prize for the best American directors to Bill & Turner Ross for their film BLOODY NOSE, EMPTY POCKETS
- The Jury Prize for the best French director went to Camilo Restrepo for his film LOS CONDUCTOS
Festival-goers assigned their votes to two feature films:
- 17 BLOCS by Davy Rothbart won the Audience Prize for the best American feature film.